WHAT TO KNOW
THE NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL FISHING LEAGUE
The league continues strong in 2022.
The focus is to bring simplicity back to professional bass fishing. One lake, 120 anglers, three days of fishing with the heaviest combined three-day weight winning. The full field will compete on all three days. One in three anglers will get paid at each event.
This goal is to put the anglers first and build a trail that gets back to what the founders of bass fishing intended it to be.
BY THE NUMBERS
One lake, 120 anglers, three days of fishing the heaviest combined three day weight wins. The full field will compete on all three days. One in three anglers will get paid.
• 120 angler field with a two-year contract; includes an option for a third year
• No requalification for the first three years
• Six qualifying tournaments, two spring, two summer and two fall.
• $5,000 entry fee per event
• Live Streaming coverage on the water. Live in-studio commentator and live weigh-ins
• Trailered weigh-ins; pull right up to the stage showcasing your rig and sponsors
• Angler committee comprised of active anglers will liaison directly with the ownership group and the tournament director.
The goal is to make a lucrative endeavor for those professionals who also hold down full-time jobs. Anglers are encouraged to fish any other circuits as well. To the max extent possible, the schedule will not conflict with BASS Opens. Payouts have been vetted through 36 prominent anglers. At their request, the top end of the payout bracket was distributed down the field. This ensures more anglers make a profit at each event:
• $425,000 in payouts at each event
• One in three anglers paid at each event
$425K in payouts at each event
11th – 20th $10,000
21th – 30th $9,000
31th – 40th $8,000