WHAT TO KNOW
THE NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL FISHING LEAGUE
The league continues stronger in 2023.
The focus is to bring simplicity back to professional bass fishing. One lake, 130 anglers, three days of fishing with the heaviest combined three-day weight winning. The full field will compete on all three days. One in three anglers will get paid at each event.
This goal is to put the anglers first and build a trail that gets back to what the founders of bass fishing intended it to be.
BY THE NUMBERS
One lake, 130 anglers, three days of fishing the heaviest combined three day weight wins. The full field will compete on all three days. One in three anglers will get paid.
• 130 angler field
• Six qualifying tournaments, two spring, two summer and two fall.
• No entry fee Championship with $250,000 total purse.
• $5,200 entry fee per event
• Live Streaming coverage on the water. Live in-studio commentator and live weigh-ins
• Trailered weigh-ins; pull right up to the stage showcasing your rig and sponsors
The goal is to make a lucrative endeavor for those professionals who also hold down full-time jobs. Anglers are encouraged to fish any other circuits as well. Payouts have been vetted through 41 prominent anglers. At their request, the top end of the payout bracket was distributed down the field. This ensures more anglers make a profit at each event:
• $478,500 in payouts at each event*
• One in three anglers paid at each event
• $20,000 Progressive Angler of the Year winner as well as paid entry fees for the 2024 season.
• No entry fee Championship tournament for the Top 40 in Progressive Angler of the Year Points with a $100,000 first place prize. A $250,000.00 total championship purse with payouts for the top 25 finishers.
$478.5K in payouts at each event
11th – 20th $10,000
21st – 34th $7,500
35th – 41st $7,000
*Based on 130 Angler Field